Welcome to patellaMD.com
PatellaMD.com is a resource for information and understanding about patellofemoral problems. These problems are common but poorly understood by most Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Patients with these problems frequently have disabling pain, instability or arthritis.
- Lateral Release, a common procedure, frequently fails or makes the problem worse.
- Open surgery has very mixed results.
- Patients may end up worse after treatment than before.
- Patellofemoral problems are mechanical problems, pressure and instability.
- At one end of the spectrum, the patella is too tight, at the other end, too loose.
- Successful treatment should return either problem to the middle – neither too tight nor too loose
- Arthritic problems must be addressed as well as alignment and stability
I hope you will gain an understanding of patellofemoral problems from the information presented here. I believe there are good solutions to these problems. Thank you for visiting patellaMD. com.